The ONA21 Career Day will be held on Monday, June 21, from 12–3 p.m. EDT (16:00–19:00 UTC). Job, higher ed and fellowship opportunity seekers are welcome to attend at no cost and do not need to also be registered for ONA21, allowing ONA to give back to the journalism community.
Get your ONA21 Networking Pass
This free registration grants you access to the ONA21 Career Day on June 21. During the conference (June 22-25), it also grants you limited access to the ONA21 Midway, our exhibitor and recruiter space, including opportunities to schedule and join video and text chats, as well as build other connections to news and technology recruiters, companies and organizations.
Share your resume
In advance of the event, share your resume here so recruiters can set up meetings with you on ONA’s networking platform at the conference. Only registered recruiters, fellowship and grad program leaders will have access to this resume database.
Sponsors, recruiters, fellowship and grad program leaders: Details here on how to get involved.
About ONA21 Career Day
Who is this for: Interested job seekers as well as people curious about journalism graduate programs and fellowship opportunities. You do not have to be registered for ONA21 to participate in this event. This is open to anyone, anywhere, but opportunities may have restrictions for applying.
What to expect:
- Recruiter/fellowship/education program video chat rooms + “learn more” sessions
- Scheduling of one-on-one interviews
- Programming specific to professional development needs
- Interactive networking via the ONA platform and a group event to close the day
What is required:
- Attendees can spend the entire three hours, or 15 minutes learning more about an outlet, company or program that interests you.
- In terms of technical requirements, we recommend a laptop or desktop with the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox for the best possible experience, plus the ability to stream video. Your experience will be likely be fine from a mobile tablet as this will be browser-based, but a smartphone will not provide you with a quality experience.
Who will be there: Fellow opportunity seekers, recruiters, fellowship directors, journalism graduate school leaders
Can’t wait? Check out opportunities anytime on ONA’s Career Center